Recipe by 2Bleu
Like the California gold rush, cowboys ride like the wind to get to JJ's wild & crazy explosions of flavor in these corncakes. So git ya a big spoon and come dig in! You can use full flavored ingredients, we just tried to lower the calories/fat with some ingredients.
Top Review by linguinelisa
These corncakes are great! My only complaint is I think it would be better to add the bacon, cheese and jalapenos to the batter and then put the batter on the griddle. I used Pepperjack cheese instead of the cheddar and jalapenos.....it was fabulous. Made for Please Review My recipe cooking tag game.
- 240.97 g box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 118.29 ml Bisquick
- 1 egg, beaten
- 177.44 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 8 slice extra lean bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 59.14 ml chopped jalapeno (or to taste)
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 59.14 ml butter, softened to room temperature
- 118.29 ml picante sauce (Pace)
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 118.29 ml sugar-free maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- BATTER: Mix all batter ingredients well (you should have about 2 cups).
- Heat griddle to medium and grease lightly (or use spray butter). Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle to total 8 pancakes (do in batches if necessary).
- Top each equally with bacon, jalapenos, and cheddar. When bubbles begin to appear on the edges of the cakes (about 1-2 minutes and making sure the bottom is thoroughly cooked), Carefully flip them over and cook the other side (about 1-2 minutes). Do not pat down the pancakes!
- Flip cakes topping side up onto serving plates. Top each with the butter, picante, & sour cream. Drizzle lightly with maple syrup, and serve.