Recipe by Sica
This one was different than the others I saw on here so thought I'd add it. I'd seen it on facebook. The individual who posted stated it was from a Mississippi Magazine
Top Review by AndreaTN
There is a B&B in South Dakota that serves this, but they use tater tots, it is fast and easy. I dice up potatoes and use those instead to save on calories and going to try substituting cream of mushroom soup for the mayo and see how that works out.
- 2 lbs ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mayonnaise or 4 ounces light sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups biscuit mix (I would find something else for this to many carbs!!!! )
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapeno peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325. Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and water, according to packet instructions; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, and half of the onions; set aside.
- Stir biscuit mix and water (directions on box) to form soft dough. Pat dough on the bottom and one-half-inch up the sides of an 9 x 13 inches greased casserole dish.
- Saute remaining onions and bell peppers until slightly tender.
- On top of biscuit mix, evenly distribute ingredients in the following order: ground beef, tomato slices, green peppers, onions, jalapeno peppers, sour cream mixture and end with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges of dough are lightly browned.