Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend Joanne brought this yummy appetizer to a New Year's Eve party and it was so good I just had to get the recipe! She was kind enough to share it will me, and I am sharing it with you :)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, diced, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 minced garlic clove, to taste
- 1 baguette
- Cut bread in 1 inch slices and butter the bottom of each.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Put 1 tsp or so of mixture on each slice and place on baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until melted and the bread is crispy but not like hockey pucks.
- Serve immediately.
SO GOOD!!! I added crab meat to the original recipe and added another clove of garlic. It was out of this world!!!
With such high ratings, I was expecting it to be much better. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that great either. It just didn't seem to have enough seasonings, and I made it exactly as the recipe directed. I would consider making it again, but I would double all of the spices and maybe add some onions and some olive oil.
i have made a different version of this recipe without the tomatoes.. but i think the tomatoes give it a nice flavor and color..i made the spread earlier in day...sliced my bread and put in ziplock bag till i was ready to assemble. real easy peasy and delicious!!