Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram food section. I don't make jam, but those of who like to this sounds good. They also suggest basting a ham with this, glazing steamed carrots or a roasted pork loan. Or pour over cream cheese and serve with crackers.
- 6 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, rinsed and picked over
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, minced with seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- While jam is cooking, sterlized half-pint jars and lids according to manufacturer's directions.
- When jam is ready, ladle into prepared jars, allowing 1/8-inch headspace before sealing. Follow manufactures's directions for processing in a hot-water bath for 5 minutes. Remove carefully and leave jars undisturbed for 12 to 24 hours.