Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
I serve this dish with a simple salad of leafy greens and sliced tomato tossed in Avocado Oil. Of course other oils can be used. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
Top Review by SeaDawn
So, I tried this for dinner tonight mostly because I <3 your line about cooking being a creative sport! (DH says I cook like I'm conducting a symphony or painting an impressionist canvas) ;-) ANYHOW - I used walnut oil and portabello mushrooms with brown short-grain rice (so it cooked a bit longer) and it was DIVINE! *Perfect* for the day I forgot to load the slow cooker! Thanks!!!
- 5 ounces of cooked shrimp
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, and the liquid
- 1⁄3 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the avocado oil in a sauce pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Drain the mushrooms and save the liquid.
- Add the mushrooms and the shrimp to the hot oil and stir for a minute.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated in the oil.
- Add 2/3 cup of the mushroom liquid.
- If you are short, add enough water to make 2/3 cup.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat to the lowest setting and cook for 15 minutes DO NOT PEEK.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat, do not touch the cover and let sit for another 10 minutes.