Recipe by AmyZoe
I found this recipe on Jimmy Dean's website, and it's a different variation on your traditional potato salad. I was hesitant to make a potato salad without mayonnaise and just mustard, but it's quite good. I used Jimmy Dean's all-natural spicy sausage because I didn't have the sage sausage, and I added sage to the dressing. I also used basil, oregano, marjoram, and thyme but maybe I'm a little excessive. I didn't have red bell peppers, but I did put in yellow and green. I used 2 kinds of potatoes (red and yukon) and a spicy brown mustard because I didn't have whole grain mustard. My bell peppers and parsley were frozen, so I tossed it in with the potato mixture toward the end of cooking. Very fun!
- 16 ounces jimmy dean sage sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, 1/2 dice
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb new potato, wedges
- 1 cup red bell pepper, 1/4 dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by heating 4 tablespoons olive oil in a sauce pot on medium heat.
- Once hot place the onion into the pot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, and sausage and continue cooking for an additional 4 minutes.
- After cooking remove from heat and place ingredients into a bowl.
- Place the red bell pepper, parsley, thyme, and mustard into the bowl and stir all ingredients thoroughly.
- Divide into 10 portions.