Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a healthy, simple snack that combines crunchy,sour, and spicy. It's a great side dish to any mexican meal, too.
- 1 jicama
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- chili powder (my favorite is Penzey's Northwoods Fire) or chili seasoning mix (my favorite is Penzey's Northwoods Fire)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- Peel the jicama and slice it thin.
- Arrange jicama on the serving plate, then squeeze on the lime juice.
- Sprinkle on salt,chili powder,and sugar.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes, to blend the flavors.
This was really good. i recieved 2 HUGE jicamas today in my Bountiful Baskets basket and needed something to use them in. I had to make another plate because my daughters and I devoured them before I could them in the frig. I used Chipotle chili powder and it was wonderful....I love chipotle anything! The lime added the right amount of sour and the sugar wasn't too much. We are having a BBQ for Memorial Day and I will have a plate of these on the table.......
What a nice, refreshing treat! Thank you for a yummy recipe!
I love Jicama and often use it in salads - I love it with lime and chili powder no salt or sugar Mmmm Thanks