1/1 Photo of Jessica's Really Good Minestrone Soup
I think this soup is better than Olive Garden's!! Not only is it really good, but it's simple and goof-proof. PS...I always add extra vegetables.
My Private Note
2 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (finely chopped works great too)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cup pasta (shells)
- 1Heat olive oil in a big pot.
- 2Add celery, garlic and zucchini. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, water, and seasonings. Rinse beans and add to pot.
- 4Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- 5Add pasta and spinach. Simmer 20 minutes till pasta is done. Serve with rolls or fresh bread.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jessica's Really Good Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3023 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 703.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: