Recipe by Brit413
I think this soup is better than Olive Garden's!! Not only is it really good, but it's simple and goof-proof. PS...I always add extra vegetables.
Top Review by DebS #2
I made this for the 3 Chefs game. This soup is just like it says "Really Good Minestrone Soup". It's simple to make as well!. It did not yield the same quantity as the recipe says - I wound up with 16 Cups-but that's plenty of soup:) Very flavorful. I did stick to the recipe but added a little more zucchini and I added 1 fennel bulb. I served this with Recipe #19536 and it truly was a match made in heaven!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (finely chopped works great too)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach
- 3⁄4 cup pasta (shells)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a big pot.
- Add celery, garlic and zucchini. Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, water, and seasonings. Rinse beans and add to pot.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Add pasta and spinach. Simmer 20 minutes till pasta is done. Serve with rolls or fresh bread.