Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for a guacamole recipe to accompany my great salsa. But since I hate avocado, I turned to my connoissuere of a friend, Jerry. He tested each batch until he was able to proclaim a winning recipe. Be sure to use Haas avacadoes, which are smaller, dark green avacadoes with a very bumpy skin.
- 3 ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1 lime, juice of
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup of don emilio salsa (see my recipe)
- Remove avocadoes from their skins, removing the pit by striking the blade of a sharp knife into the pit, then twisting it gently.
- Mash half of the avocado and cut the other half into small pieces.
- Combine all other ingredients and gently mix all of the avocado into the mixture.
- It is best to make this one day in advance and make sure to keep it out of the air.
- You can either spoon the mixture into a ziploc bag, removing any extra air in the bag.
- Or you may put the guacamole into a tupperware or a bowl, pressing cellophane wrap down onto the guacamole.