Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I posted this recipe for ZWT3. Looks yummy, I can't wait to try it. Times do not include time to marinate overnight.
- 6 chicken drumsticks, pushed down the bone
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- cooking spray
Jerk Sauce (2 tablespoons or use store bought)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (or you can use scotch bonnet peppers)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Jerk Sauce:In blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Refrigerate leftover sauce.
- Marinate chicken in a mixture of jerk marinade and yogurt, best if left refrigerated overnight.
- Spray with oil spray.
- Can be grilled over medium hot coals about 35 minutes or until done. Turning occasionally to prevent burning.
- These can also be baked but don't have that same smokey flavor as when they are cooked on a grill.
- Serve as a snack or appetizer.
Loved the kick and the tenderness of these. I added nutmeg and a pinch of cinnamon using 3 cloves garlic, smoked paprika and chipotle chile pepper for the cayenne pepper. The directions are not very clear! I mixed the jerk sauce including the yogurt then added the sauce with the skinless chicken drumsticks in a freezer ziplock bag. Marinated overnight. I then cooked on a hot oiled grill for 35 minutes. Started on direct heat to mark then indirect heat to cook through.