Recipe by Jane Gib
From the Royal caribbean magazine, this famous recipe originated from the caribbean. it has a spicy twist that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- 4 chicken breasts, marinated with these ingredients
- 4 teaspoons allspice
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, and place to onenside.
- pierce the meat (chicken)and place in the marinade. The holes are so that it can soak up the marinade. The hole also allow heat to escape without loss of moisture.
- leave the chicken to marinade for 2 hours.
- Place the chicken under a grill and grill on either side for 6 minutes or until cooked.
- Whilst grilling baste with the marinade.