Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another one I've been making since I was a kid. Love 'em!
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
Optional ingredients for topping
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix beans, chili, and salsa. Microwave on high for about 3 minutes, or until mixture is warmed through.
- Spread chips evenly on a large cookie sheet. (I use the whole bag and let them mound up in some places.)
- Drop spoonfuls of the bean mixture over the chips as evenly as possible. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and the edges of the chips start to brown.
- Top with sour cream, tomato, onion, and lettuce, if desired.
My kids loved this, used a mild salsa. They want this again! Thanks for posting.
These went down a treat during our movie night. Made them up without missing more than a couple of minutes of the film, using a blend of cheddar and mozz, and topped with everything on the toppings list! The whole family had fun eating these, and they were delicious.