Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think everyone will enjoy this quick and delicious Sesame Chicken. Serve it over either brown or white rice with steamed broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Rinse, dry and cut chicken into chunks.
- Mix together flour and pepper.
- Coat chicken chunks with this mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in large frying pan.
- Toss in chicken and cook until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove cooked chicken from pan and keep warm.
- In same pan combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds and sesame seed oil
- Cook until sugar is melted.
- Return Chicken to pan and coat with mixture.
- Serve over rice and broccoli.
WOW!! This was delish & super quick! I altered the ingredients to what I had on hand and made it for 6 servings. I used plain chicken cooked in the olive oil, the added water chesnuts, celery ans julienne'd baby carrots. Added them to the frying chicken and then added the sauce. Cooked for 5 mins & served over brown rice! Fast & easy! I can't wait for my hubby to try when he gets home! I am excited to try it again soon and mix up the veggies w/the broccoli and possibly some mushrooms!!
Excellent! I subbed boneless thighs for the breast, as were prefer the dark meat. Great flavors. And so easy! It didn't say what to do with the sesame seeds, so I just sprinkled them on top before serving, along with a chopped green onion. Served with steamed rice and Broccoli With Nuts and Cherries . Made for Best of 2011 game.
Easy and awesome!