Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My girlfriend Ramona taught me how to make these years ago when I was first learning to cook. I did not like deviled eggs but she told me it is a party staple. Now I am not allowed to have people over or go anywhere without these eggs. I even like them. The bacon and the grease are the trick! I do not recommend bacon bits, but they will do in a pinch.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (or dijon)
- 4 -6 pieces of fried bacon
- 3 teaspoons of minced onions
- Take yolks out of cut halves and put into bowl.
- Mash yolks up until crumbled.
- Take bacon and crumble up in your hands into bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard and onions.
- Mix until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add more mayonnaise until it is to your preferred consistency.
- Fill egg halves. They should be overflowing.
- Attempt to put in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes, if you can get there without the eggs being stolen.