Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from a caller on a radio show on WFIN in Findlay, Ohio in the 1970's.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, creamed
- 1 (1 lb) can Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Cream butter. Add Sugar and beat.
- Mix in the syrup.
- Add the eggs one at time.
- Gradually add the flour and nuts.
- Bake in a greased 15 x 10" pan at 350° for 25 min.
- Boil butter, sugar, and milk together for 1 minute Add chocolate bits and stir until melted.
- Frost brownies while they are still warm.
- Alternative:. Bake in a 9x13" pan at 325° for 25 min and don't frost.
This has potential! I did the alternative method of baking in a 9x13-inch pan at 325, and since it didn't give times for baking, I winged it with not great results. Next time I will use a cake tester to test for doneness! I will make these again, and if they come out as well as I expect, I will upgrade my review and document what I did to get there. Thanks, Duane in Leominster! Made for My Three Chefs 2008.