1/1 Photo of Jello Whip Frosting
1 hr 20 mins
I'm a big fan of using Jello Instant Pudding and Cool Whip as a frosting for cupcakes, so I assumed there must be a typically-used fruity Instant Jello equivalent. Long story short, there was not. I put this together using some of the bits and pieces of recipes I could find, and some spur-of-the-moment thinking when I thought it was going to go all wrong. My first attempt was using raspberry flavour on chocolate cupcakes, but experiment with different flavours and see what you like best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir 1 package of jelly powder in 1/2 cup boiling water for 2 min., until dissolved.
- 2Add enough cold water to 1/2 cup ice cubes to make up 3/4 cup. Stir into jelly powder until ice is completely melted.
- 3Whisk in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip Topping with a wire whisk.
- 4Refrigerate approximately 1 hour, or until it is no longer liquid (more like a mousse consistency).
- 5Break up the mixture a little bit with a spatula.
- 6Gently fold in remaining 1/2 cup of Cool Whip, blending until desired consistency is reached.
- 7Frost cakes or cupcakes using a knife, spatula or piping bag - whatever you use for normally frosting cakes!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jello Whip Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g