Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I heard this recipe on the PBS kids show Cyber Chase that my kids were watching one day. It sounded easy to make, so I thought I would try them and they were so simple. I added the jello to add to color for Christmas gifts and the jello added a fun, almost candy like texture to the popcorn balls! It will be very sticky and messy, but also alot of fun to make!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jello gelatin, can use Sugar Free Jello, which I prefer
- In a large pot, melt the butter and add the marshmallows. Stir frequently until the marshamallows are completely melted.
- Add the jello mix and stir into the melted marshmallows and stir well and the color is incorperated well.Add the popped popcorn and stir until completly mixed.
- Lather butter on your hands well and shape the popcorn mixture into individual balls.
- Place onto a sheet of wax paper and allow to set, for at least 30 minutes. You may want to wrap the popcorn balls seperately in saran wrap, and store in a large ziploc bag.
- You may also pour the entire popcorn mixture by using buttered hands and shaping the mixture in a large pan. Allow about 30 minutes to set and cut into squares like Rice Crispy treats.