Recipe by Foxgirl
Another recipe from my handwritten family cookbook, this time from my aunt. She insisted that this recipe be immortalized exactly the way she wrote it out, hence why the directions are so wacky. :) This goes great with almost any main dish, it's so flavorful and savory.
Top Review by Ms B.
This was good, but like a previous reviewer, I really question the 3/4 cup butter. I used 2 tablespoons and subbed a can of low sodium chicken broth for the consomme. The rice was simple, with a nice flavor, but a little more sticky than I would like.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup onions, chopped fine or 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup consomme
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the uncooked rice in the butter on medium to low heat, along with the onions--just until the rice is browned and the onions are soft.
- Stop to slap the dog out of about six kids and pour out about ten glasses of Kool-Aid.
- Put the dog out, kill a couple flies and close the door.
- Back to the rice!
- Add salt and pepper to the rice and onion mixture, then put it in a casserole dish.
- Add consomme soup and water, then cover and bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
- It should be fluffy and delicious, not soupy.