Recipe by Chippie1
French toast with a vanilla twist. Cooks best when you have a hungry bunch of people to feed ^_^
Top Review by Greeny4444
Very nice. I scaled it back for one, using two eggs, and I eyeballed the spices. I usually just do egg and bread, but this was a nice change. The nutmeg was an interesting flavor in there. Thanks!
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the milk, continue to whisk.
- Add the Nutmeg, Cinnamon, And Vanilla and stir.
- Pour into a pie sheet big enough to hold the mix.
- Heat frying pan on Medium to High heat, add 1T butter to grease pan.
- Cook dipped bread until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice whats left of the butter and place on top of each piece of toast and serve.
- Serve with maple syrup.