Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
French toast with a vanilla twist. Cooks best when you have a hungry bunch of people to feed ^_^
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the milk, continue to whisk.
- Add the Nutmeg, Cinnamon, And Vanilla and stir.
- Pour into a pie sheet big enough to hold the mix.
- Heat frying pan on Medium to High heat, add 1T butter to grease pan.
- Cook dipped bread until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice whats left of the butter and place on top of each piece of toast and serve.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Very nice. I scaled it back for one, using two eggs, and I eyeballed the spices. I usually just do egg and bread, but this was a nice change. The nutmeg was an interesting flavor in there. Thanks!
This is how my mother makes French toast. It works really good with sliced old baguette too, just let it sit in the batter for about 30 seconds to soften it up. I prefer it with cinnamon and sugar but it is also delicious with syrup.
Wonderful recipe, will try again!