Recipe by Jacelya Jones
This is a yummy and easy stove-top recipe that can easily be baked as a casserole, topped with crescent rolls for a crust, if you like. I like to serve my Orange-Dijon Beef with Dancer^'s Herb-Rice Mix <<Herb-Rice Mix>> and Long Stalk Broccoli. I hope you will make my Orange-Dijon Beef your own. Enjoy :-)
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (eyeball it)
- 1 cup canned tomato
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 1⁄2-1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ramen noodle soup base (Kikkoman Memmi Noodle Soup Base, contains MSG)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (eyeball it)
- 1⁄2 cup grated Cotija cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your onions in the EVOO until they soften, but before they begin to brown.
- Set onions aside.
- Brown your meat with the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add to the meat, dijon mustard, orange marmalade, the cooked onions, brown sugar, canned tomatoes, soy sauce and soup base.
- Once the mixture has reached the consistency you like--a chilli/stoup thickness is what I go for--top with the cojita.
- If you go the casserole route:.
- While the mixture is rather moist, pour into an oiled casserole dish and layer crescent rolls over top.
- Then bake 18-25 mintues at 375.