Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make this recipe every year for my friends and family. It is a great bread to eat while relaxing and drinking a hot beverage.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour (divided in half)
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml ginger
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree (I use canned)
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 1 walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and ginger.
- in the same bowl add pumpkin, milk, eggs and shortening. Mix until blended add the other cup of flour and mix until blended.
- If you are using walnuts fold them in now.
- Put the bread mis in a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for an hour or until a fork inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Maybe if you added more pumpkin and a little sugar or something it would have more flavor. It was very bland to me. Sorry.