Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from California Egg Commission. Sushi is derived from two Japanese words, "su" which means vinegar and "shi" which means to control or arrange.
- 5 cups sushi rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 48 large hard-boiled eggs
- 3 sheets nori, chopped
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- wasabi (optional)
- sliced pickled ginger (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash rice thoroughly.
- Drain and rinse until water is clear.
- Drain; add 6 cups water; cover and let sit 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cool rice; mix with rice vinegar and salt.
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Chop yolk and set aside.
- Fill whites with rice; garnish with nori, chopped yolk and avocado.
- Serve with wasabi and ginger (optional).