Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made these for my mushroom hating friend. She and Jan loved them.
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cabbage
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped bean sprouts
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp or 1⁄2 cup ground turkey, diced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cups peanut oil (for deep frying)
- Stir fry celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms, water chestnuts in the 2 tablespoons of peanut oil, for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except egg roll wrappers).
- Thicken with a little cornstarch if necessary.
- Fill egg roll wrappers with approximately 1/4 cup of mixture and seal edges with water.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or pot until the oil reaches 350°F.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with hoisin sauce, sweet and sour sauce and hot mustard.