Recipe by Janet Knowles
I made this tonight and can't stop eating it so I thought I'd share the recipe and see what you all think.
Top Review by Garden Gate Kate
I love sautéed yellow squash with sweet onions and sautéed spinach with garlic, but this was the first time that I combined the two. I could see scrambling a couple of eggs with the veggie mixture by whisking the eggs in when adding the spinach for a hearty breakfast, a healthy lunch, or a light dinner. Thank you, Janet Knowles, for a delicious vegetable combination.
- 2 -3 medium squash
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 sprig about 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton's nature seasoning
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Saute the squash, onion and parsley together till the squash and onion are just beginning to soften (about 8 minutes).
- Add in the spinach.
- Sprinkle in the Morton Nature Seasoning.
- Continue to cook till the spinach is wilted (about another 4 minutes).