Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this tonight and can't stop eating it so I thought I'd share the recipe and see what you all think.
- 2 -3 medium squash
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 sprig about 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton's nature seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Saute the squash, onion and parsley together till the squash and onion are just beginning to soften (about 8 minutes).
- Add in the spinach.
- Sprinkle in the Morton Nature Seasoning.
- Continue to cook till the spinach is wilted (about another 4 minutes).
I love sautéed yellow squash with sweet onions and sautéed spinach with garlic, but this was the first time that I combined the two. I could see scrambling a couple of eggs with the veggie mixture by whisking the eggs in when adding the spinach for a hearty breakfast, a healthy lunch, or a light dinner. Thank you, Janet Knowles, for a delicious vegetable combination.
My hubby and I really liked this dish! We had tried a similar dish at a restaurant and I was trying to duplicate it. This one was just as good! I did not have the Morton's seasoning either, so I used salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of onion powder and garlic salt in addition to the garlic and onion in the dish. It was great! Thanks for posting, Janet!
Guess what? I couldn't stop eating this either. For something so simple, it really delivers on flavor. I was able to find the Morton's seasoning, but did not have roasted garlic (or the time to do so), so I just added regular garlic, which was fine. I like the suggestion of adding mushrooms and may do that again. I also used 2 medium zucchini and a 6-oz. bag of baby spinach. The result was delicious! Thanks for posting this.