Recipe by bshemyshua
A friend gave me this recipe upon request after an international potluck. Don't know how authentic these are. But I do know that they sure are good.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl; beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds, then add brown sugar and vanilla essence; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk and beat just until combined.
- Stir flour mixture into brown sugar/butter mixture with a spoon, mix well.
- Pat this batter evenly in an ungreased 15"x10"x1" baking pan and brush top of dough with beaten egg white.
- Combine white sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over egg white. Sprinkle almonds over all.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F. oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Cut into 1 1/2 " diamonds while still warm. Cool in pan. Carefully remove with spatula.