Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a cool meatball recipe. A little spicy, but still a classic meatball. I have cheated and used canned sauce sometimes, but definately don't skip the fresh basil and mozzerella.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 453.59 g ground pork
- 2 slice bread
- 29.58 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml coriander
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 egg
- 88.74 ml olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- fresh basil
- 56.69 g fresh mozzarella cheese
- 56.69 g grated parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a large bown, mix together beef and pork.
- In a food processor, process the bread into crumbs, add to meat mixture.
- Add seasonings and egg, mix well.
- With wet hands roll mixture into balls.
- Warm a large saute pan over med. high heat.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons oil to the pan.
- Fry the meatballs until nicely browned on all sides.
- Transfer to a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Chop onion and saute with garlic in 1 tbsp oil.
- Add tomatoes and about 1/2 cup torn basil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs.
- Top with mozzerella and parmesan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package, and drain.
- Serve meatballs with spaghetti.
A never fail recipe! Delicious
Easy and great balance of flavors. We love JO's recipes!