1/2 Photos of Jamie Oliver's Chicken Fajitas
Sara 76's Note:
This is one of Jamie Oliver's 20 minute meals!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 2 limes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 flour tortillas
- 150 ml sour cream
- 230 g guacamole
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Put the griddle pan on high heat.
- 2Halve and deseed the pepper and cut it into thin strips.
- 3Peel, halve, and finely slice the onion.
- 4Slice the chicken lengthways into long strips roughly the same size as your pepper strips.
- 5Put the peppers, onion and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin.
- 6Squeeze over the juice of half a lime, drizzle with some olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- 7Put to one side to marinate for 5 minutes or so while you make your salsa.
- 8Finely chop the chilli. Roughly chop the tomatoes and the coriander, stalks and all.
- 9Put the chilli and tomatoes into a second bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper and the juice of 1 lime. Add some extra virgin olive oil, then stir in your chopped coriander.
- 10Use a pair of tongs to put all the pieces of pepper, onion, and chicken into your preheated pan to cook for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- 11As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables over so they don't burn - you just want them to lightly chr grill to give you a lovely flavour.
- 12Warm the tortillas up in the microwave or a warm dry pan.
- 13Divide your warmed tortillas between the serving plates.
- 14Halve the remaining lime and squeeze the juice over the sizzling chicken mixture.
- 15Divide the chicken mixture beween the tortillas.
- 16Top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie Oliver's Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.9
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.1 mg
- Sodium 848.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 52.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: