Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a very economical recipe as it is mainly made from fruit peel which is usually thrown away. I thought it interesting as I hate wasting anything. Found in an old English Beverages Book, this can be served hot or cold.
- 1 large fresh pineapple, rind of
- 1 orange, rind of
- 8 cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 50 g sugar
- 1 1⁄4 liters boiling water
- 150 ml orange juice
- 150 ml lemon juice
- Wash the peel of the pineapple & orange & place in a large bowl with spices & sugar.
- Add boiling water, stir, cover & leave overnight.
- Add juices & serve either hot or cold.
pretty great flavor. citrus-ey but has a depth like a mulled cider, or cocktail. I would double it next time. I left off the last star, because there is no indication of how it should be strained, or how it can be heated. I kept it in the fridge overnight, and I strained it before I added the juices.