Recipe by WendyMaq
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet Online. Phase 1. This needs to marinate for 30 minutes, which is not included in the preparation and cooking time.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
This was outstanding! I didn't have any jalepenos, but I do have pequins so I used those instead, but with the olive oil, it got rid of most of the heat but kept the flavor of the chilies. Even the most tender-tongued of my family loved this recipe. It was even better the next day.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, and cut into 24 chunks
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender at high speed, blend onions, chile, ginger, vinegar, allspice, thyme, salt, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until combined.
- Place Chicken chunks in a zip-tight plastic bag with marinade, turning to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss red pepper pieces with remaining olive oil in small bowl.
- Preheat the broiler or grill with rack close to heat source.
- On 4 metal skewers, alternately thread chicken and red pepper.
- Brush Kabobs with any remaining marinade.
- Cook a total of ten minutes, turning once, or until chicken is n o longer pink inside.