Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Dry Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground habanero chile pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake it up-then toss with chicken or pork.
- ***This is hot***.
This recipe is great. Good, balanced dry rub. If you don't like the Habenero heat, use dried chipotle instead...that gives quite a nice smokey flavor as well...
Update: My friend has liked this a lot and uses it frequently. 5 stars all the way! :)
I am not putting stars on this, just because I have made it for a bbq swap for a friend, so that I cannot say anything regarding the taste of this rub yet. It smells heavenly though, like a really nice mixture of spices and is very quick and easy to put together. I luv how many different flavours this incorporates and am excited to know how my friend likes it. I will update and give stars then. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe with us, DiB's!
Used this when I couldn't find it at the stores. Left out the Habanero peppers as I also couldn't find it. The chicken smelt wonderful as I was cooking it! Thanks for posting!