Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband hates fish. Wouldn't eat it to save his life. But I tried something a little different. The spices hide the fishy flavor very well. The sauce of this recipe came from one of my Pampered chef recipes for a chicken salad. It has great flavor and goes very well with this fish.
- 4 flounder fillets
- 44.37 ml jamaican jerk rub
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 158.51 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 4 limes
- 59.16 ml mango preserves
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet, preheat oil over medium heat.
- Coat fish evenly with Jamaican Rub.
- Dredge fillets in the flour.
- Place fish in skillet, cooking 5 minutes on each side, to get a nice crust on the fish.
- For the sauce, combine mango preserves and mayo in a mixing bowl.
- Zest 3 of the 4 limes into the mixture.
- Juice all the limes and combine into the mixture. Stirring well.
- Chop basil into thin strips. Combine to mixture.
- Spoon over hot fish and enjoy!
One word ...... FANTASTIC! Loved the fish rubbed, then dredged in flour. Made for a crispy, tasty fish. The sauce was good enough to eat with a spoon..... oh, wait, I did! Made sure to leave some to enhance the fish, though. Thnx for sharing your recipe, racegurl177. Made for PAC Fall 2009.