Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
This makes EVERYTHING delicious. We eat it on fish (especially salmon), chicken, vegetables, bread...the combination of cool and spicy is great and it's so easy to make
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- Put container of sour cream and good sized bunch of chopped cilantro into blender, add juice of 1 lime.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chop jalapeno, add to blender (depending on how hot you like it).
- Add salt and more lime to taste, blend everything until smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It was good. I made it the first the first time following the exact recipe but then I modified it more to my liking. It was veryyyy thin the first time - good for fish tacos but anything else should have a thicker sauce imo. Basically what I did is put 1/4 a cup of sour cream, 1/8 cup of cilantro (I used 1/4 in the first recipe and it was too much) 1 lime, half a jalapeno, salt & pepper in a blender. I mixed it until smooth and then slowly mixed in 3/4 a cup of sour cream with a spoon to get a thicker consistency.Reply
We were so looking forward to this with all the five star reviews, and yet not a single person in my home liked it. I'm not sure what happened. I followed the recipe exactly. I even made it a day in advance like some reviewers suggested. Kind of sad that I used the last of my cilantro from the garden on it. We love cilantro, but evidently not in this.Reply
see 16 more