Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is an Emeril recipe that I found. We all love avocados in this family, so this is one HIGH on the list to try. Chill time is not included in cook time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 large avocados, peeled and mashed
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the soup: Melt butter in a saucepan and cook the onions for about 4 min, until softened.
- Add ginger and continue to cook an additional 2 minute.
- Add the avocado and chicken stock; whisk to combine. Simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minute.
- Add green onion and transfer the soup to a blender and puree, in batches if necessary, until smooth.
- Place in a bowl and stir in half and half, salt and pepper to taste. Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Make Crema: Stir together the sour cream, lime juice, garlic, and salt.
- When soup is chilled, garnish each portion with a generous dollop of crema.