Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A traditional Caribbean dish.
Make and share this Jamaican Callaloo Greens recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch greens, preferably callaloo (fresh chopped spinach, turnip greens, or collards may be substituted)
- 2 ounces salt pork, chopped
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 5 cups water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces chopped okra
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (VERY hot pepper)
- salt and pepper
- Place first six ingredients in a large stew pot.
- Simmer until the salt pork is tender; add the okra and crab meat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes (or until greens are tender) and season to taste with salt, pepper, and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Serve while still hot.