Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
from "perfect endings"
Top Review by Mrs. Doeinck
these would be great tasting brownies if you omit the banana..I like banana and chocolate together but here it just didn't marry well. I might try making this with applesauce, omitting the banana and cinnamon..and use some peanut butter or something.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and soda and set aside.
- Combine the banana and butter and beat till blend. Beat in the egg.
- Add, and blend well after each addition, the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Stir in melted chocolate and nuts, if using.
- Spread in greased and floured 13" x 9" x 2" pan and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.