Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
from "perfect endings"
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and soda and set aside.
- Combine the banana and butter and beat till blend. Beat in the egg.
- Add, and blend well after each addition, the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Stir in melted chocolate and nuts, if using.
- Spread in greased and floured 13" x 9" x 2" pan and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
these would be great tasting brownies if you omit the banana..I like banana and chocolate together but here it just didn't marry well. I might try making this with applesauce, omitting the banana and cinnamon..and use some peanut butter or something.