Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very old recipe that I found in my grandmother's recipe box. These are fabulous! :-) I like them best with strawberry preserves, but you can try them with others. Just make sure you use PRESERVES!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves (or any preserves you desire)
- In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir in oats and brown sugar.
- Cut butter into this mixture until crumbly; pat 2/3 of crumbs in an 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish; spread with preserves; top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Cut into small squares (makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen).
delicious! I didn't have enough oats so I used 1 1/4 c oats and 1/4 unsweetened dessicated coconut...and homemade jam.
A fast, satisfying dessert that satisfied my sweet tooth. Mine turned out more like a cobbler...the bars only slightly firmed up...but it was still tasty. Thanks for the recipe! -FireRaven
My family and I really enjoy these. I didn't have any preserves so I cooked up rhubarb, strawberries and raspberries plus sugar and it worked real well. Thank you