Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Mailbox Magazine's Busy Kids Storytime.
- 2 cups clean capped strawberries (or raspberries)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 of a 6 oz.pkg liquid pectin
- Slice the berries in half and place them in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Put this bag inside another bag and seal each bag shut.
- Pass the bag around the circle and have each child squeeze the bag until the berries are crushed.
- Measure 1 cup of the smashed berries into a third resealable bag.
- Combine the pectin and lemon juice and then add this mixture to the crushed berries. Double-bag the mixture and seal closed. Press and squeeze the bag for 3 minutes or more.
- Next, ladle the jam into a jar (or other serving container). Let jam sit for 2 hours, or until jam is set. Store any leftover jam in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
i have yet to try this, because the directions do not list when to include the sugar!