Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Mailbox Magazine's Busy Kids Storytime.
Make and share this Jam in a Bag (Classroom Cooking) recipe from Food.com.
- Slice the berries in half and place them in a gallon-sized zip-top bag. Put this bag inside another bag and seal each bag shut.
- Pass the bag around the circle and have each child squeeze the bag until the berries are crushed.
- Measure 1 cup of the smashed berries into a third resealable bag.
- Combine the pectin and lemon juice and then add this mixture to the crushed berries. Double-bag the mixture and seal closed. Press and squeeze the bag for 3 minutes or more.
- Next, ladle the jam into a jar (or other serving container). Let jam sit for 2 hours, or until jam is set. Store any leftover jam in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.