This old fashion biscuits are more popular than ever. You don't need any special equipment to make these. This delicate pastry will melt in your mouth and using your favorite jam is just perfect combination. I keep mine in cookie jar on a counter top as they look so pretty but they somehow disappear quickly :)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Heap the flour and icing sugar on the work surface and make a well. Put in the butter, and mix with knife or small metal spatula.
- When butter is almost incorporated add egg yolks and work the mixture with you fingers until you have a dough.
- Using the palm of you hand, push the dough away from you few times until is completely smooth.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30min.
- Divide the dough into 15pc each about 40g.
- Roll into a ball put on tray a press your thumb in the middle.
- Fill with you favorite jam.
- Bake 170C 10-12 minute.
- Tip: I use Ziploc bag cut a small corner and pipe the jam into a hole.