Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
One way to spice up Independence Day or Cinco de Mayo. This would be great in iced tea, the base of a margarita, etc. Adapted from Camp Beckwith, Fairhope, Ala., Relish Cooking with Kids, "Coastal Wonders.
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and minced fine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 24 small mint leaves
- Combine the watermelon, minced jalapeno, water, honey, lime juice and sugar in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place the mint leaves in the ice trays and pour the watermelon mixture into them. Freeze.