Recipe by CoCaShe
I came up with this when I had bought some shark steaks and had no idea what to do with them. My mom mentioned that shark is a meaty fish, but a bit bland, so I decided to throw it in the food processor and make burgers. Try to trim off as much of the skin and fatty stuff as you can. This is a very simple recipe, but has good spicy flavour if using my Habanero Barbecue Sauce (Rz#368097).
- 4 -5 ounces shark steaks
- 1 -2 tablespoon barbecue sauce (I recommend my Habanero barbecue sauce Rz#368097, but any flavour you like should work)
- 1 hamburger bun (I use rosemary focaccia buns for the extra flavour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Ground the shark steak in a food processor until broken up, but not too mushy.
- Mix the steak with the barbecue sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Adjust the amount of sauce to your taste, as it can be quite spicy, but make sure not to make the mixture too runny. It should be about the same texture as regular beef burgers.
- Shape into burger patty. I try to make them as round as possible, then press down in the middle with the back of a teaspoon to make a small indent. This will compensate for them rising on the grill as they cook.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes per side, turning once. Serve immediatley with your choice of cheese and burger toppings on your choice of roll.