Recipe by Melanie2590
This is a recipe that was invented with items I just happened to have on hand. It turned into something that I prepare and recommend to people often. It is delicious and SIMPLE! Optional: top zucchini with crushed potato chips after first 25 minutes of baking, but before adding cheese.
- 2 zucchini or 2 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Gandy's jalapeno dip (sour cream based chip dip)
- 1⁄3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously spray olive oil cooking spray in medium skillet. Saute zucchini (or squash) and onions over med-high heat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic powder. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are soft.
- Transfer zucchini mixture to a small casserole dish. Mix jalapeno dip in with zucchini mixture.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. Remove and top with shredded cheese. Retun to oven for 10-15 mor minutes, or until zucchini is tender.