Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a local favorite in our small rural area of Texas. You can adjust the amount of jalapenos used to your taste.
- 5 -6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into half inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 5 -6 slices of uncooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeno peppers
- Place half of the bacon pieces on the bottom of the baking dish. Combine the potatoes, cheese, butter and jalapenos. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with the remaining bacon pieces. Cook in 350 degree oven, covered, for approximately 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.