Recipe by Coppercloud
From B&G canning mag. Make sure to strain mixture to get a nice clear jelly. Recommends to let this stand for 2 days.
- 2 lbs peaches, peeled-pitted
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3 -4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (for hotter, leave seeded)
- 5 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin, 1 pouch
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, mash peaches with potato masher. Add chile and vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer covered for 20 minutes or until peaches/peppers are soft. Remove from heat.
- Using jelly bag or a colander lined with several layers of 100% cotton cheese cloth, strain mixture into clean bowl. You should have about 2 cups liquid. Discard any left over solids.
- In a clean pot combine 2 cups peach liquid and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir constantly.
- Quickly stir in pectin. Now do a rolling boil for 1 minute. Take off heat. Skim foam.
- Ladle into hot sterlized 8 oz jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process jars in water bath for recommended time for your altitude.