Zucchini and Sweet Pepper Refrigerator Pickles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From B&G canning mag. Prep time include 3 hour soak time.bthese are to be chilled for1-2 days before eating.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 55mins
- 6 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 cups sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- cold water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- In large bowl, combine zucchini, peppers and onion. Sprinkle with salt, toss gently. Add enough cold water to cover vegetables. Cover and stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Drain with colander and rinse with cold water. Drain.
- In large pot, combine vinegar, 3 cups water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pack vegetables into sterlized pint jars. Poor hot vinegar mixture into jars. Cool 30 minutes, seal and label with date and store in fridge.
- Chill 1-2 days before eating. Stor in fridge up to one month.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION