Perfect side dish to chili or posole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup corn (I use frozen corn that has been thawed)
- 1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Generously grease muffin pan.
- 3In a bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar until smooth.
- 4In another bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk together.
- 5Slowly add the egg mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- 6Add the peppers, corn and cheese; mix well.
- 7In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Slowly add to creamed mixture and blend together well.
- 8Pour into prepared muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes.
- 9Serve warm with butter.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 549.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 11.4 g