Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Perfect side dish to chili or posole!
Make and share this Jalapeno Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄2 cup corn (I use frozen corn that has been thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously grease muffin pan.
- In a bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk together.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the peppers, corn and cheese; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Slowly add to creamed mixture and blend together well.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.