Recipe by Jeff's Girl Way Out West
My mom has been making this YUMSTER dish for as long as I can remember, and it's always a hit with EVERYONE! A snap to prepare and delicious to boot! You just can't go wrong with this one! It's good any time of year, and can be made to suit anyone...even kids, as you can adjust the "heat" to taste. Three (15 oz) cans of well-drained whole kernel corn (uncooked) may be substituted for the frozen corn, but my family prefers the taste and texture of the frozen variety. Get ready for recipe requests!
Top Review by ~Srb~
I used canned corn; it worked very well for us. I did not boil the corn, but rather just put it in the dish with the rest of the ingredients. Tasted very good; nice kick to it. I think this recipe makes closer to 10 servings than 6, though. What a large amount of food!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen corn, cooked and well-drained
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped jalapeno pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Using electric mixer, mix cream cheese and butter very well.
- Gradually mix in milk.
- Mix in flour and jalapenos.
- Stir in corn.
- Pour into a 9X9 (or equivalent) greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown on top.