Recipe by Rylee's_Memaw
This is a sweet, mildly spicy jelly. We use it as a flavoring for some dishes; meatloaf, hamburgers, stir fry. This was my first jelly recipe and it was very easy to make and came out perfect.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped jalapeno
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons certo liquid pectin (after measuring you will find that 6 tbs. is equal to one foil packet.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop and remove seeds from all peppers keeping them separated from each other. I would recommend wearing gloves, the jalapeños caused my hands to burn for 2 days.
- Measure the pectin into a bowl so that it is ready when you need it.
- Combine the peppers, jalapeños, sugar, vinegar and lime juice in a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat until warm and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture in a blender and blend for 5 seconds. Return the blended mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Skim off any foam that rises to the surface.
- Decrease the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pectin, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into a sanitized pint jar. Clean the rim and threads with a warm, wet, clean cloth.
- If you are wanting to seal the jar to store for later use, boil a flat jar lid ahead of time and put on the jar immediately. Place a threaded ring on and within an hour you should notice your lid sealing properly. If it does not, search canning directions to learn how to do a boil bath. I, however, did not have to do this step. I decorated my lid with a festive cloth cover and ribbon. Enjoy!