Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is a HUGE amount of spaghetti we recently made for a fund raiser for a precious little boy who has cancer and has been treating at St. Jude's for awhile. This is the 2nd time a huge benefit was done and all of the comments about the "sketti" have been great, so I thought I would share Jake's recipe with you.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 48 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 2 bell peppers, finely chopped (I use one red and one green)
- 2 medium onions, medium sized, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts until done; chop and set aside.
- Boil spaghetti until tender; set aside.
- Saute' onion and bell pepper in butter until limp. Slowly add whipping cream, milk and soup to onion mixture and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add cubed Velveeta and simmer until Velvetta is completely melted, stirring so mixture does not stick. Once Velvetta has melted, add chicken breasts and spaghetti.
- (THIS WILL TAKE A HUGE BOWL TO MIX IT UP IN).
- After mixing well, pour into a very large, deep baking pan and bakes at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot.