1/2 Photos of Jake's Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 25 mins
These are delicious and simple to make. I like to use red and yellow peppers as well as the green for added color and flavor. These are my husband's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 green peppers (you can use red or yellow too)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked MINUTE rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced button mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups water
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees and in a large pot start the water to boil.
- 2Cut off the tops of the peppers, remove seeds and wash thoroughly. When water is boiling put peppers in for five minutes to soften.
- 3Remove peppers and set aside. Turn them upside down so excess water drains out.
- 4Cook the beef, salt, pepper, garlic and minced onions together.
- 5When browned add the rice, mushrooms, and half of the tomato sauce.
- 6Mix well and let sit for about 2-3 minutes to develop the flavor.
- 7Place peppers in a large casserole dish or you can use a 9 x 13 pan. Fill each pepper with the beef mixture until they are all full. If there is any left you can use it around the bases of the peppers to support them.
- 8Then pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of each pepper.
- 9Cover with lid or aluminum foil tent, and Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of each pepper and bake for another 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jake's Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 848.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 22.1 g