Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are delicious and simple to make. I like to use red and yellow peppers as well as the green for added color and flavor. These are my husband's favorite.
- 6 green peppers (you can use red or yellow too)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked MINUTE rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced button mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups water
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and in a large pot start the water to boil.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers, remove seeds and wash thoroughly. When water is boiling put peppers in for five minutes to soften.
- Remove peppers and set aside. Turn them upside down so excess water drains out.
- Cook the beef, salt, pepper, garlic and minced onions together.
- When browned add the rice, mushrooms, and half of the tomato sauce.
- Mix well and let sit for about 2-3 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Place peppers in a large casserole dish or you can use a 9 x 13 pan. Fill each pepper with the beef mixture until they are all full. If there is any left you can use it around the bases of the peppers to support them.
- Then pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of each pepper.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil tent, and Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of each pepper and bake for another 15 minutes.
I had some peppers to use up this fall and this recipe did a good job of it.. Delicious, easy, healthy, fast!! These peppers have a lot going for them! They made a great light meal with steamed greens.This would receive the Nobel Pie Prize if such an accolade existed in peppers go's. Cooking is both art and science.And you did it here!! AND NOW THE FUN BEGINS. I've will added this to my recipe book, THANK YOU!! For that! I can do the happy food dance!! NOW !! THANK YOU!! 7 Stars !! Grpa
While making the stuffed peppers, I thought it would need more seasoning. But I didn't add something. I followed the recipe. And tonight this is what we ate and the taste is so good. The flavor blended together. I used red bell pepper. Thanks lilypad :) Made for Cookbook tag game
This is the first time I have made or eaten stuffed peppers and they were really good. I made 1/2 the recipe and fit it in two larger peppers (yellow and orange). I would add a little more garlic and some onions next time and did salt and pepper the mixture before putting it in the peppers. Made for Fall 2012 PAC.